Tuesday, November 3, 2009

As I Lay Dying


Mood: Peaceful

Hamlet stood before me. The man I despised stood and watched my last breath. As I laid there, I had many revelations. It was obvious that the king had been the puppet master in this magnificent play. The king told me that Hamlet was responsible for my father's death. It was the king's idea to place poison on the end of my sword and he placed poison in the wine. I am almost certain that the king was also responsible for Old King Hamlet's death. It was my pleasure to watch Hamlet kill King Claudius. He got just what he deserved. I hope that Hamlet will forgive me for trying to kill him. I no longer hold Hamlet responsible for the deaths of my sister or father. I have died in peace after watching the death of King Claudius and coming to forgive Hamlet. Now I will join Ophelia, my father, and all the others in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment